Part 1 – Taking
Using the Savage Backdrop paper you chose do at least one (you are in third year, there should be 2, 3, or 4 sessions done with your paper) photo session. Use either natural light. Reflectors. OCF. Studio flashes. Should have at least 50 – 75 photos when finished.
Using the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens do a complete portrait photo session. Make sure to set the aperture at 2.8 and DO NOT place your subject against any flat surfaces. Use reflectors, OCF, but most importantly natural light. Should have at least a 100 or so photos when done.
Part 2 – Editing
Edit your images to your liking. Make sure the subjects are in focus. Sharp focus.
Part 3 – Turn-in Online
Post best 5 images to your blog. If you did two sessions or more (hopefully you did) post more.
You will be printing your best. Sharpest. Most color image for the hallway later.
Post best 10 images to your blog. If you did two sessions or more (hopefully you did) post more.
Part 4 – Contact Print
Follow the instructions below for printing. You’ve seen these before. If you’re a Photoshop user, see instructor for alternative.
Printing Page of all Photo Images
1. Within Adobe Lightroom go to your Library mode (G) and make sure you are set to the correct folder of images.
2. Next choose the Print mode (Ctrl+P).
3. Once in the print mode change the printer to the HP4700 using the Page Setup button.
4. Within the Template Browser area choose Lightroom Templates > 5×9 Landscape Contact Sheet.
NOTE — You may have to click off to another template and then back to 5×9 Landscape Contact Sheet for it to look correct.
5. Press Ctrl+A (Select all images)
6. Now go to the Page panel area on the RIGHT side of screen and make the following adjustments:
- Identity Plate – checked
- Override color – checked (black)
- Edit the Identity plate to read Name comma high school comma class period. Example: First Name Last Name, XHS, Class Period Justin Case, PHS, 3
7. Move and enlarge the Identity plate to an area of the page where it can be seen and read.
8. Place a check for Page Options. Underneath do the following:
- Check – Page Numbers
- Uncheck – Page info
- Uncheck – Crop marks
9. Make sure Photo Info is checked.
10. Lastly under Print Job area make sure Print to: is set to Printer.
11. At this time press Print ONE TIME only.
Go and get your papers off the printer. Staple if needed and turn in to your instructor