Throughout the first and portion of the second nine weeks you are to shoot photos for the upcoming ATPI contest. You may pick any category you choose. Please refer to the ATPI Fall Contest page for categories. The Theme categories theme for this years contest is Open Book.
When capturing images for each contest remember “snapshots” will NOT be viewed as winners. You MUST edit your images. SOOC is not enough 99% of the time. Make sure to look at previous years winners from the galleries that are posted online. Below are links to a few of them categories and winners:
- Informal Portrait | G1 | G2 |G3
- Fashion | G1 | G2 |G3
- Advertising | G1 | G2 |G3
- Macro Nature | G1 | G2 |G3
- Environmental Portraits | G1 | G2 |G3
- Studio Formal Portraits | G1 | G2 |G3
- Student Life | G1 | G2 |G3
- Sports | G1 | G2 |G3
- Still Life | G1 | G2 | G3
This is the opportunity to shoot what you want. To really delve into your creativity. Don’t get lazy it will show in your work. Focus all images. Don’t over saturate when editing. If you want a black & white image, great. If you want a color image, great. Don’t however try to mix color and Black & White into one image, most of the time it doesn’t look good. Shoot. Shoot often. Shoot every other day. Don’t rely on others in the class for your success. Shoot on your own so that your work stands out from others.
Commercial Photography 2 Due Dates:
- Project #1 – Due Sept. 22nd
- Project #2 – Due Oct 6th
- Project #3 – Due Oct 20th
- Project #4 – Due Oct. 27th
Grades for #3 and #4 will appear on the second nine weeks grading period. Also #1 & #3 will be considered Formative grades with #2 & #4 being Summative grades.
Practicum of Commercial Photography Due Dates:
- Project #1 – Due Sept. 21st
- Project #2 – Due Sept. 28th
- Project #3 – Due Oct 5th
- Project #4 – Due Oct 19th
- Project #5 – Due Oct. 26th
Grades for #4 and #5 will appear on the second nine weeks grading period. Also #1 & #3 will be considered Formative grades with #2 & #5 being Summative grades.